Search This Blog

YouTube

Facebook

Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, February 20, 2015

My Tips and Tricks on At-Home Hair Dye Experiences (with video Demo)


Hello my lovelies! I hope everyone had a fabulous Valentine's Day, and Happy Lunar New Year!

Today I will share my hair dye experiences. I have naturally very dark brown Asian hair to begin with, and have used box dyes to dye my hair for about 2 years now. After going after a variety of blonds in L'Oreal and Garnier to lighten my dark hair, I have finally settled for the Natural Copper Blonde B04 in the L'Oreal Excellence Creme range. This colour gives me a nice medium warm brown colour to my hair, and does significantly lighten my hair. In order for this to work, I usually need it on and wait for over an hour. Otherwise the colour will not show much at all. But when I do have the patience to leave it on for a long time, it gives me the colour I want. 
The colour stays on very nicely, without being washed away quickly. I find the red tone sticks to me until about 3 months after, when my hair will become a little brassy, but in general still has a nice reddish copper tint to it, which I love. I find that right after dying my hair with this, my hair will be stiff and dry for a few days, but it soon recovers. This happens every time I use it. I don't do particular hair treatments to my hair, I just use the conditioner that comes with the dye on a daily basis until I run out of it.

The dye comes with a pre-hairdye serum that you apply to your hair before you dye it, and leave it on for a few minutes. I find the post-hairdye conditioner quite nice, as it does moisturize my hair nicely after, and the texture is nice and thick, without it feeling like a coat of weird stuff on my hair even after I rinse it off. Also, the hair dye does not smell too bad, it also has a nice scent on top of the ammonia odour to kind of mask it nicely, I also like the texture of the hair dye very much, as there is no dripping and no mess every time. Unlike the L'Oreal Preference, which drips everywhere...


Here is a video from my YouTube Channel, this was filmed when I was doing a root touch up with this hair dye, it should give you a good idea on how it works.



Some tips and tricks:

1. I wash my hair everyday, and I do not believe in the whole thing about leaving your hair unwashed a few days before you dye your hair. It makes no difference on me.

2. If you dyed your hair to a few shades darker than what you are going for this time around, then make sure you leave your hair dye on your DYED hair first for a bit, before you put it onto your roots, or your natural hair. Dyed hair is harder the dye or lighten again compared to natural hair. If you put all of them on all parts of your hair at the same time, you will end up with very light roots.

3. When you are short of hair dye, but want to dye your hair anyway, put the conditioner into the developer and colour mixture to amp up the volume and the amount. That way you can cover your whole head of long hair with one box of dye, and at the same time you are giving yourself a deep moisture treatment. Yes I tried this before, it works the same. It's tried and true.

That's it! If you have questions, please leave them in the comment section or email me! I'd be happy to answer you!
Thank you for dropping by! I'll see you next week! :)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment