Search This Blog

YouTube

Facebook

Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lancôme Hypnose Mascara

You always hear me rave about this mascara. Almost to anyone in my life who wears mascara, I always rave and rave about this product until they hate me lol. But yes, this is one of those things that I can't live without. And I will guarantee you, that if I live for one more day, and Lancome still makes this mascara, I will always be loyal to it.


The middle of the wand is slightly curved in. So it's a very curvy wand!




Pictures up for comparison. Just so you know, in real life, my eyelashes are practically non-existent. They are good lashes, I have a lot of them, and they are healthy. But they are so short, you can barely see.

Naked lashes.

About 3 coats.

Need I say more?

Performance wise, this thing deserves 12/10. I have used all sort of mascara before, and this beats them all. The only thing that comes close is L'Oreal Voluminous. But that mascara was only good for about a week after opening, then it went down hill so fast it was like a roller coast ride. But this will work well all the way till you toss them out. But every time I open a new tube, the performance always shocks me. So yes, the newer, the better, like all mascaras. 

Formula is perfect. Not too wet, and not too dry. It goes on smoothly, and it VERY buildable. It's promoted that way, and it keeps to its promises. Love the wand, very handy, and perfectly sized!! Everything about this mascara is designed to be perfection! Smudges, yes, but very slightly. I always use Clarin's DoubleFix with mascaras so it doesn't bug me if it smudges. The Clarins stuff is awesome for that problem.

I never tried the waterproof version. As you can see I use the Clarins' DoubleFix to hold everything. So I cannot speak for the waterproof version. But I never liked waterproof mascara of any brand. I find them crispy, harsh and flakes like CRAZY.

By about the 7th week, this will start to smell. Not a bad odour, but it will start to smell different. This indicates you should toss them out. But you know, this thing is so expensive, I always use about 3 weeks more. I know I'm not suppose to, but it's a soaring $31.00CAD for 8ml of product. Though I always get it duty-free or in the States anyway. And since I buy this regularly, I always want to extend the use of it. I'm happy to report that I have never had a problem with this, even after the 10th week of use. Every time I toss this out I feel something like wow what beautiful luxurious tube gone to waste lol. The packaging is truly glorious for a mascara.

One more thing though, you should not wear this everyday. After long time of prolonged use on a daily basis, I found that my lashes decreased in amount. When I stop, my lashes come back. This happens with every mascara. I'm just telling this to make sure you understand that this is not a miracle product. It's still a mascara, and you should still be careful not to use it everyday. It's bad for your lashes.

From the Lancome website:

"Turn up the volume of your lashes 6 times for instant come-hither, hypnotizing eyes. Tiny, barely-there lashes are no match for the patented POWERFULL™ brush that thickens lashes from root to tip with custom volume you can control. And the exclusive, fluid SoftSculpt ™ formula, enriched with Vitamin B5, wraps lashes one luxurious layer at a time without smearing, smudging or clumping."

This is my totally satisfied product. I justify the ridiculous price-tag. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you all have a great week!

xx

4 comments:

  1. Maybe I will have to pick this up..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @samanthaloves LOOOOL I like how I'm making you buy stuff ahahahahha, they came out with the new drama thing. The wand is like..disgusting...it reminds me of like wiggling worm.......lmao yes go try it see if you like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the blog :) i got here from your link on MUA. i'm looking for a new mascara and i really like the look of this wand. but do you really throw it away after around 10 weeks?! surely you can keep it a bit longer than that?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @geisharock
    hehe, thank you! but shhh..I'll tell you a secret, I actually do keep it a little longer than that! It's nearly 40 bucks! But I didn't say I do incase everyone go ewww how can you wear mascara for so lonnggg, or eww it smells already!!! and things of the such. Since it doesn't interfere with the quality of my review... I lied a little about that XD

    ReplyDelete