Search This Blog

YouTube

Facebook

Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

OPI Dulce de Leche

My ALL time favourite from OPI is this colour. I cannot substitute it with another, although Sephora by OPI's Nonfat soy half caff comes very close, but no one can substitute this love of mine.

OPI Dulce de Leche.


Just so you know, in real life, it is SLIGHTLY less brown and more pink than this. But this is very very close.




OMG just looking at my own pictures make me love it even more. It is a nude yes, but it's not a peachy nude. It's a rosy nude. It's pinkish, but a dark pink hue, leaning towards rose and mauve, but muted. All blended in this creamy nude colour. It has the slightest shimmer known to humanity, so unless you stare with absolute intensity, you won't see it at all. It looks flat on matte and creamy, even under the sun, there is no shimmer to be seen.

Which I love btw, I do not own any shimmery shades. I don't like shimmer in my nail polish, almost all the colours I have are matte.

Wearability is not the greatest I have known. It's okay, but compared to my other OPI colours, it's a little bit thick, and it lacks staying power. It chips a teenie bit too easily. But I always do base coat, top coat and all that so it's okay. Dries in an average nail polish drying time. And if you do not do anything while you let it dry, it will dry pretty shiny.

If you don't like the OPI brush, thinking it might be too big for you, you can try Sephora by OPI's Nonfat soy half caff, it is a bit peachier than Dulce de Leche, and has more obvious shimmer (though still very very matte, not shimmery at all on nails), but they are close sisters.
If you think this nude is too nude for you, you can opt for Tickle my France-y by OPI. It is darker and cooler than Dulce de Leche, but generally in the same colour family.

Tips on Matching your Lips to your Tips:
If you would like to match your lipstick with your nail polish, I would suggest MAC High Tea lipstick, or MAC Creme d'nude lipstick topped with Lancome Tickled Pink. Both of these cases my friends actually commented on how my lips matched my nails!

Thanks for reading! Lovely weather here! Freezing but at least sunny! Have a wonderful week!

xx

4 comments:

  1. Where do you get your OPI polishes? I need to buy some but I don't know where the best place is.. Everywhere I see looks like the bottles have been sitting there for years and years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @samanthaloves I usually do get them at salons =(, I know they look like they've been sitting there forever, but people actually buy them (ppl like me...) and so they do get re-stocked. But I know one place at metro sell it cheaper than others, it's near the GAP on second floor near the washroom LOOOL, but they don't have enough colours =(.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not buy them online? I find they are much cheaper online, like amazon, usually for less than $8 a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous I would love to, except I'm in BC Canada, and the shipping and customs is always enormous for us here. So in the end it's not worth it. I found UD Naked Palette in stock at Ulta, but too bad they don't even ship it here!!! Discrimination!!! But yes, if I had the art to live in the States, I would do all my shopping online.

    ReplyDelete