Search This Blog

YouTube

Facebook

Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, February 7, 2011

Lancôme Color Design 5 Pan Palette in Taupe Craze - The Land of Fall Out


This is brand new line of eyeshadows that Lancome just came out with in February 2011. Promised to brighten eyes and guaranteed smooth and intense pigmentation, long lasting power, and no creasing what so ever. This particular shade, called Taupe Craze, was featured in various red-carpet looks recently, I thought this would be The It palette this year. NO. No, no, no, no, no.

You know, as much as I LOVE Lancome, I'm utterly disappointed! Retailed at $48.00USD + tax, this is a very mediocre product.






Top: Liner 5. L-R: All over base 1, Lid 2, Crease 3, Highlighter 4.


Just so you know, the $48 palette came with a long brochure for tutorial. Seriously?! To me the only brand that could get away with putting in a tutorial is Too Faced, or maybe Urban Decay if for some reason they feel like putting in a tutorial. And before you say the tutorial is helpful, at one point in the long brochure, it says to highlight your eyes on the brow bone and inner corners with the shade called "Highlighter" in the palette. And you'll see in a minute in my review, that this "highlighter" shade is..taupe..Do we seriously want taupe coloured highlighter on the brow bone? And the pictures included in the brochure is very deceiving and photoshopped. Because I swear to God, the gal in the pic did not use the "highlighter" shade on her brow bones at least.

It looks amazing in the pan no? And usually, if something looks amazing in the pan for Lancome, it means it will look amazing on as well. What happened then?

Let's start with some unbiased individual review of the shades.

The All Over Base 1. Matte with a sheen. Very creamy and smooth shadow. Nothing special here, but it definitely is my favourite in the entire palette. It's almost like a cream, and it is very very pigmented! Not some chalky white at all!

The texture of the Lid 2 is like pressed pigments from MAC. In fact, it looks like Tan Pigment from MAC, but probably less red than Tan, and cooler. It is shimmery-er than All That Glitters from MAC, and very smooth, and went on great, great pigmentation as well.

Crease 3. (Seriously Lancome? You just gotta name these like cheap drug store quads. Is this just repackaged L'Oreal quad or what?!) Anyway, this is a matte latte colour. Not too warm, which is good, medium pigmentation, still smooth.

Highlighter 4. What?! WHAT?? Taupe highlighter? The ONLY taupey shade in a palette called Taupe Craze, and it's a highlighter? This one is Hell on Earth to deal with. Glitterland anyone? Sheer taupe glitter too! Yeah, it's a highlighter alright, but only at the centre of the lid.

Liner 5. Look at the glitter in the liner shade. Look at it!! I swear the sample tester had no glittermania like this! And look at the swatch, it's not smooth or creamy. I suggest using this wet as the liner. The glitter is not even consistent. It's one of those shadows that comes with random glitter everywhere. If you are lucky, the glitter is on your eye. If you are not lucky, when you take off your clothes tonight, you will find some glitter on your legs.

Okay, sounds okay right? Not really. The main issue I had with this palette is the amount of fall out. It's unbelievable how much fall out this thing can manage. After you put on your eye makeup, your entire face will be made up, with HUGE amount of shimmer and glitter. It's not even funny to look at. You think MAC pigment has fall out? Well girl you've seen nothing yet! Most of the times, tissue on face is an option. This thing requires protection on the face.

5 eyeshadows, 4g of product. $48USD and very mediocre. All in all, though it looks good on my eyes, I'm still disappointed. I'm on the fence as to if I should return it. I hate returning used makeup, though Macy's has the amazing return policy that goes all the way for 180 days. I'll really think about this.

Thanks for reading guys, enjoy your week!

xx

6 comments:

  1. Oh to be honest
    I don't think this looks like a drugstore palette.
    The colors are well selected and seem to have a good texture.

    hmm I wanna get one for myself ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so funny reading this blog... I had the EXACT OPPOSITE experience! I also purchased Taupe Crazy and LOVED it! The shades are so perfect for my skintone. I actually loved the booklet because I need help on where to apply the shades! Also, the shimmer looked great on my eyes. It was a subtle shimmer that didn't fall onto my face. I had no fallout!

    Its funny how two people have such opposite results. I actually want to try more! The blue one looks like a goodie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @SuPeachChayaeh? hehe, when i first saw the testers, drug store is exactly what I thought. But i guess not eh? XD I don't hate it, but I'm just not impressed with it as I hoped it would be =) Texture is nice, yes, but the liner is not good, and the fall out is crazy. But if you have cooler tone, then I think you should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MissSweetheartD I only tried to give a honest review =( And I'm not lying. Look under my eyes in the post where i did my look with this, and it's not just undereyes, when I look out the window at my mirror, my entire cheeks were covered in shimmer. I love Lancome, and I don't hate this palette, but I was quite disappointed. Surely people can have different opinions on things! But I'm glad you liked it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this palettes they can be used wet or dry and you were surprised by the shimmer? You can look at it and tell its shimmery. You picked a color to close to your natural skin tone the crease color blends right into your hand. I have three so far and plan on buying more

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I'm glad you love it, but it just didn't wow me. And mind you, I am very pale, so this shows up clearly on my eyes. The swatches I did on my hands were very light swatches with no bases, because I don't see what is the point to pile on colours on my hands when I swatch eyeshadows since you obviously won't pile colours onto your lids. I know they are shimmery, I didn't complain about the shimmer much. I was complaining about the fall out.

    ReplyDelete