Search This Blog

YouTube

Facebook

Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Too Faced Candlelight

I love candlelight (I don't think it's that hard to see *pointing at name of blog*) and I LOVE the kind of glow people get when they are at some candlelit dinner, it's like the most amazing kind of soft glow that just bounces right off the face, making every facial structure softer, more blurry and of course, gorgeously beautiful (or handsome, for that matter =D).

So when Too Faced came out with this powder, I almost immediately wanted to get it. The idea of being able to carry that candlelit glow all day with me is beyond imagination. But I kind of have a lot of powders and I don't need any more of them, so I held off for a while. Last week in Sephora, I really just couldn't resist anymore, so I finally got it. Along with my FAVOURITE OF ALL TIME lipgloss from Urban Decay, but that's another post.

Here is the GORGEOUS packaging. You know, though I hate UD packagings, I actually kind of like Too Faced packaging. I know they are similarly tacky and unprofessional looking, but Too Faced are so girly! The packaging of this powder is pale soft white with a gold sheen, it's almost like the powder itself! 



Isn't it gorgeous?
Here are the detailed pictures.




The powder itself has a soft white colour with some gold shimmer, though it really isn't shimmer to be honest, it's almost like just a sheen on the powder itself. If you have Cargo Blu-ray blushes, you would know what I mean. On the Too Faced website, here is the description for this powder.

"Capture the ethereal glow and ultra flattering light of a romantic candlelit dinner, anytime. Apply this multi-tasking, breathable, vitamin-enriched powder onto fresh skin or over foundation to set make-up and impart a soft-focused glow. A powerful dose of skin-saving antioxidants help to protect and soothe tired skin, while the golden-peachy tone warms and illuminates your complexion reducing the appearance of fine lines and imperfections. Now that's a powder we could fall in love with!"


Too Faced claims that there are real 24k gold in this powder, which does appear in the ingredients list (if you would like to see the ingredients list, it is at the end of this review). Of course the gold is of a minimal amount, but I still found it so cool! This powder is all about being very very subtle. You can put it on where ever you like to highlight, or you can use it as an all over powder. WIth that being said, this product NEEDS to be very subtle, otherwise you will look like a disco ball. If you like to see an obvious glow on your face, this product is not for you. The first time I put it on all over my face, I thought I don't see anything and it's quite useless. Then I went to school and went on with my business. By midday, I was sitting near a window after lunch and I took out my mirror to check my teeth, and WOW, I have this most amazing gorgeous golden glow, that looks exactly like my own glow, except better! So think of this powder like "my-glow-but-better". It really does look like a candlelit glow in my opinion. If you like an obvious glow on your cheeks, you can opt for NARS Albatross. 

Here is how it looks like on my face, which doesn't even show up well on camera lol. Excuse my dark circles and bags..I don't sleep that much...



Lasting power is EXCELLENT. I put it on in the morning at 6am, and it will still be there at night when I remove my makeup at 10pm. I guess fine golden shimmer is not that easy to wear off anyway once they are on your face, but I like the fact that I don't have to touch up during the day. But I do like to whip this out of my bag to use as a mirror through out the day though, it looks so cute! Another thing I need to mention is that because the powder is of a white colour, if you have a darker skintone (I am NC 20), you might find it too pale or ashy on your face. The golden tone of the powder will act like a nice balance for you, but I still recommend everyone to try it out before purchasing. 

Ingredients list: Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Serica/Silk/Soie, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Algae Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Punica Granatum Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polysilicon, Laureth-12, Gold, PEG/PPG-4/12 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Aqua/Water/Eau, Methicone, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492).


Good day to you my dear readers! Hope you enjoyed my review! Thanks for reading!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment