Search This Blog

YouTube

Facebook

Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Urban Decay Pocket Rocket in Max

I hated the Pocket Rocket gloss when it first came out. In fact, I still hate the packaging and the "Pocket Rocket" name today. The packaging is as tacky as it gets. The shape is SO weird with the hot guys on the lids. I just didn't understand the idea behind this. And the name...WHAT DE [beep]?! I felt like it only adds to my desperation for men, which I am..not exactly very desperate for atm. I don't care if it slips into my pocket or not, I just don't want to feel embarrassed whipping out my lip gloss to apply in public. Plus the Sephora tester for these glosses are so gross, and many have gone bad, so they literally smells like...cooking oil and Teriyaky sauce.

But women are complex and strange creatures! Now I actually own one of these and think it's like, the best gloss I have ever bought. Well I still don't like the general shape of the packaging like I said, but now I kind of sort of do find the guys on the lids quite funny. And sometimes when I feel bored, I will take it out and just flip it back and forth back and forth. I showed it to all of my guys friends, and most of them came to the same conclusion: "What the [beep]?!?!"

Anyways. Now onto the gloss itself, and to reveal what I'm talking about above, here is a picture. My colour is MAX, and I, like always, take the picture at the best lighting to ensure maximum likelihood of the colour in real life. So please ignore the messy background. XD







I normally hate brush applicators, I thin it slides around lips making things all uneven. But brushes this short, I can stand for sure.

I thought the only possible dupe would probably be MAC's Florabundance. Above is a comparison. Left one is MAX and right one is Florabundance. Florabundance is definitely nuder and pinker than the other.


The particular colour I have is described on the website as "pinky-nude". It is quite peachy as well in my opinion. It's by far the best peachy pink nude lipgloss I have found to date. It is light enough to be called a nude gloss, but definitely not as nude as concealer, and the slight peach tint in this makes it much more wearable. But I have to say this is not a MLBB peach shade. When you look at it on lips it is definitely nude than peach. That's why I love it so much, because I find most peachy nudes not nude enough, or nude glosses to be too nude for me. I normally wear nude lippies on a daily basis, so I love this colour very much for daily use.

The gloss is nicely pigmented and has a very very good texture. It is somewhere between MAC lipglass and Dior addict gloss. It is not as slippery as the Dior glosses, it is sticky enough to grab onto your lips and not slide around all the time like Dior addict, but it is not as sticky as MAC lipglass, it is a little slippery than that. It has decent staying power, and application is fairly easy.

One thing I do have to mention is that the scent seems like it's not for everyone. It has a creme brulee scent, which I personally love. I find it smells very milky, and it makes me hungry when I wear it, because it is not cloy and super sweet smelling. It just smells delicious. So I Love the smell personally. But I have also seen people hates the smell very much. It tends to go to extremes when it comes to the smell of this gloss. Please do go to Sephora to smell it before purchasing.

On the UD website, this is how this gloss is described:
"MAX

Laid back and ready to get tubed, Max loves being salty and wet, and puts his all into making you feel swell. Undress him with a flick of your wrist and watch the tide rise."

It is $22.00 here in Canada, and contains 8ml of product. Not that bad!
I personally now LOVE the idea of man stripping for girls on such a girl-product, like girls can have a man taking off this cloth at any minute!! LOL!!! Instead of girls always stripping and being sexy for men in the media and in real life. So NOW I finally understand what is the idea behind this gloss. XD

Ingredients:

"Max Ingredients: 
Polybutene,Octyldodecanol,Silica,Aroma (Flavor),VP/Hexadecene Copolymer,Ascorbyl Palmitate,Tocopherol,Lecithin,Sodium Hyaluronate,Butylene Glycol,Caprylyl Glycol,Ethylhexyl Palmitate,Tribehenin,Palmitoyl Oligopeptide,Sorbitan Isostearate,Silica Dimethyl Silylate,Citric Acid 

May contain: 
Mica, CI77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI77491/77492/77499 (Iron oxides), CI75470 (Carmine), CI15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI15985 (Yellow 6 Lake)."



Enjoy your week my readers! Thanks for reading!

xx







No comments:

Post a Comment