Search This Blog

YouTube

Facebook

Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Retro Japanese Cat Eyes

I remember before the Asian geniuses mastered the art of circle lenses, in the decade between 1998 - 2010, Japanese magazines used to do a kind of cat eye (ish) look called the “小惡魔眼妝” or "Little Devil Eyes" (LOL excuse the lameness in my direct translation). Basically they were smokey neutrals, with dark eyeliners up and below the eye, the liner is thicker on the outer 1/3 of the bottom lashline, to create a droopy effect, and with a tiny bit of winging out from the BOTTOM lashline, and lots of mascara or false lashes. Japanese magazines were famed for having doll like models with impossibly large eyes, sharp noses, small mouth and boney figures. The makeup artists were skilled at doing impossibly gorgeous makeup, so dramatic, yet so pretty. Of course, I think they were also the first country in Asia to utilize the benefits of false eyelashes in full. Anyway, here is my little take on the look. I used to do this all the time, seems like I still have it in me!




Steps:

-Apply MAC Soft Ochre paintpot all over as a base.
-Using the lightest colour in Maybelline Chai Latte quad to highlight.
-Now put the bronzy colour all over lid, blend outwards a little bit, make it hazy!
-With Maybelline Stylish Smokes Quad, use the Taupe colour on the lids. This should cover a smaller area than the bronze colour.
- Use The very darkest liner colour in the Stylish Smokes Quad above the lashline, blend upwards to about half across the lid. Blend together.
-Using MAC Feline (no pun intended), with a little wing on the bottom lashline, connect the top line after.
-Lancome Hypnose Drama on both top and lower lashes.

Oh I hope you liked this! I certainly loved to create this look!

Thank you for dropping by today! Have a lovely lovely day!^^

xx

4 comments:

  1. This looks so beautiful! Ah, the Japanese... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Wendy Thank you Wendy!! I know..they're so good at sexy eye makeups!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. this look is so pretty! I'm going to have to try this out soon. Loving your blog, I just followed :)

    xoxo,

    Janet

    crayolaactually.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @crayola actually Thanks hun! I'll check out your blog soon! =)

    ReplyDelete