Search This Blog

YouTube

Facebook

Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Blush Obsession Series - Mac Marilyn Monroe Blush Comparisons


First of all, long time no see. As a person in deep obsession with blushers, I have gotten both blushes from the Marilyn Monroe collection. The eyeshadows were too cool-toned, the dazzleglass too transparent, and I am not good with red lipsticks. The beauty powder really didn't do it for me, although I almost got it for the compact, then later labeled myself ridiculous for wanting to pay that much for a cosmetic container. I am pale, and the beauty powder is probably just going to be a finishing powder for me. That may or may not be an advantage. I decided not.

However, the point of this blog post is that I just want to quickly relieve some of you panic-stricken girl's paranoia, since the blushes and almost everything else in this collection sold like crazy and are all gone before the blink of an eye. But, here are dupes, so don't be too sad if you didn't snatch one.

First of all, The Perfect Cheek's dupes. This one is a little tough, all the dupes I could think of turned out not to be exact dupes, but they come close on the face. Ignore other swatches, I went a little crazy. This is the first time I edited the pictures on my phone, since I was so busy lately, I kind of did it while waiting for the train. It may look a little different than previous pictures.

Back of my hand is NC20
As you can see, The Perfect Cheek is very cool toned pink. Many people have compared it with Blushbaby and Cubic, and as you can see, they are not exactly the same. Both Blushbaby and Cubic are warmer, and Blushbaby is actually a little bit more red compared to others. The thing to note is though, Blushbaby is very pigmented too. With enough layering, The Perfect Cheek can get to the same intensity as Blushbaby, just cooler. So this is definitely not one of those really light colour that won't show up on darker skintones. Another thing to note is, sometimes cool tone mauves and pinks show up peach and red on yellow skintones. Just try it before you decide.

Next is Legendary, and this one has a perfect (almost) dupe.

Back of my hand is NC20

I have had Cargo blu_ray HD blush in Pink for quite a while now, it is one of my favourite. The only difference between these two are that the Cargo has a bit more of a golden sheen, where as Legendary just as a regular neutral sheen. Cargo also has a much finer, smoother texture, much more pigmented and creamy feeling. MAC is more dry and powdery, but on the face they look equally lovely, Cargo just has more "punch" in a single swipe. Legendary is very chalky on darker skintones though. In the picture, I did 2 swipes of cargo and about 5 swipes of Legendary. However, MAC blushes stay on much longer. Cargo's issue with me all these years is that their blushes don't stay, though they come in generous sizes.

In the picture below, I am wearing Legendary on my right cheek (your left) and Cargo blu_ray pink on my left cheek (your right). They are very similar. (On my face I have MUFE HD in 117, on my eyes MUFE liquid aqua liner in either 13 or 14 I don't remember, and on my lips MAC Young Thing lipglass. It's my favourite lip gloss ever, I have less than an inch left and sadly it is limited edition..)


So here you are, have a lovely weekend! Thanks for reading.

xx

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Come and say hello if you like, i'd love to meet some more bloggers :) x x

    seeking--serendipity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete