Search This Blog

YouTube

Facebook

Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bronzer Obsession Series: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - Dupe for My Favourite Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer?




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Turns out, not quite. However, it also turned out to be a wonderful new surprise that will win my love over a little.


Everyone knows how much I love the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil. This is the product that if I was chucked onto a island with no human civilization, I will bring it with me. Although now that I think about it, it's quite dangerous, since it smells like chocolate, and I don't know... fierce animals might have much better noses than humans do, and Gosh! What doesn't like chocolate?!

Anyways! Since I love it so much, and Sephora is always raising prices in Canada, I would like to hunt for a dupe. Today I went into The Body Shop, and they had a 50% off on makeup sale, and when I spotted this, I told the sales lady this is the one. Because it instantly reminded me of my beloved. When I brought it home, it turned out quite different. Seriously, the lighting in The Body Shop is really very bad at giving accurate swatches. Well, they certainly look similar in the pan! This is the Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Medium Matte 03. Look at the delicious honey comb pattern! I just really like to put makeup and sweets together in one picture.


Other than the lack of the delicious chocolate scent, the texture is very similar. I'd say the Honey Bronze powder is even silkier than the Too Faced Milk Chocolate. Too Faced Milk Chocolate feels slightly drier and chalkier to the touch. Both of these are quite sheer, the Honey Bronze is very sheer in fact. Every colour in this line is very sheer, you have to be careful on picking your shades. I am very fair, and I think 01 and 02 would barely show up on me. They are also more orangey shades. But I really don't mind the sheerness. I want to build bronzer up slowly to have more natural looks.


Despite the deceiving packing, the Too Faced compact actually contain less product than The Body Shop does. The Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder contains 11g of product, while the Too Faced contains 10g. Because today it was on sale, the Honey Bronze only costed me $10, while the Too Faced costs $38.

L: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Medium Matte 03. R: Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer.
It turned out not to be an exact dupe. The Honey Bronze has more orange brown tones in it, while the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil is very cool toned taupe yellow brown. However, compared to many bronzers now a days, this is not a very orangey product. It is still relatively cool toned brown. It is good for contouring if used heavily, or an all over glow if used with a light hand.

I am very happy with it! At this price point, I think this product is very much worth it. Best thing is, The Body Shop frequently have products go on sale, and their Love Your Body Membership gives you extra 10% off!

Hope you all find your perfect bronze for summer!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment