Search This Blog

YouTube

Facebook

Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 12, 2015

Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette Review and Swatches


Hello my lovelies, happy Monday! Miserable, yes, I know. So here, I will make your Monday night better! (Hopefully..)

This is the brand spanking new Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette. I love Too Faced to start with, and a bigger palette from them is always nice. I skipped on the original Chocolate Bar Palette, as I am not really a purple person, and that palette features a nice bright purple colour. This time around, I just had to get the new one, as I am a fan of warm neutrals, and the colour blue is not my mortal enemy.

I feel like they are usually quite fair with the pricing on their items. Never too outrageous, at least for something that's from Sephora. It retails here in Canada for $59, I believe it is $54 in the US. This palette is quite great in several ways. First of all, the packaging is fab. It looks like a real bar of chocolate. Yum!!


 The back of the packaging shows you colours from inside. I see this as quite a nice touch from Too Faced. You can immediately see the colour family this palette belongs to.


The palette is in the shape of a giant piece of chocolate, it is nice and sturdy. This metal case is quite different from the original chocolate palette. It is thinner, and has a magnetized closing. The closing is not as secure as I would like. The Palette could easily pop open if rattled in a bag. It is nice to see that although the palette is thinner, there is no significant decrease in the amount of product.


Here are the colours! The palette comes with a cute little instruction guide as usual with Too Faced Eyeshadow palettes. It smells DIVINE! It's identical to the scent of the Chocolate Soleil Bronzers, which you know I'm obsessed with.


Click on the picture below to see the names of the colours.


In this palette:

Most colours are quite warm, but not every colour is warm. There are some taupes and greys in here that adds a nice balance.

Mattes:
Licorice, Coconut Creme, Nougat, Truffled, Puddin', Peanut Butter, Mousse

Shimmers:
Hot Fudge, Cocoa Chili, Blueberry Swirl, Frosting, Rum Raisin, Caramel, Bon Bon, Butter Pecan

Glitter:
Pink Sugar

Three Problematic Shades:

Pink Sugar is the glitter colour in this palette, as Too Faced likes to include some sort of glitter eyeshadow in their palettes. It is the 2nd eyeshadow from the Left in the middle row. It has a pink tinge, but is entirely transparent, with pink and gold glitter. The glitter is quite fine, nothing so chunky that it falls all over the place, or simply doesn't stick to the eye. It is a nice way to pop some sparkle onto your eyes when you do a rather muted neutral look. I think it's nice, but it might be a problem for some, who don't prefer glitters.

Blueberry Swirl is the blue colour in the palette. It is essentially a super dark base that's quite sheer, with blue shimmer over top. So it is definitely not a intensive navy shadow on the eyes. The base is a indigo blue that's almost black, but the shimmer is nice and bright, a navy blue colour. It really is quite sheer, and requires layering.

Nougat is the beige pink colour that's the 3rd from Left on the top row. It is a matte beige colour that has a pink undertone. I like it, but if your complexion is similar to it, it really doesn't show up, as it is also quite sheer, but very silky.

Here is a swatch of all the colours in the palette. You can also click to enlarge it! These are quite accurate swatches. My arm is NC 15 from MAC.


I hope this was helpful! Hope this helped you make your decision on whether you should get this or not. If you are just venturing into the makeup world, you definitely need it. If you already have a million makeup palettes (like me...), I still think it's nice to have! Here is a video review as usual!


Thank you for reading! Hope your Monday night is better now. I'll see y'all soon!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment