Search This Blog

YouTube

Facebook

Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, January 20, 2011

China Glaze Chiaroscuro

What a odd little name to pronounce!

And what a romantic demure colour of a nail polish! 

This is my first and only China Glaze, considering where I am in Canada, it is very hard to get my needy evil hands on China Glaze polishes. Fortunately there's OPI here everywhere to calm my hysterical heart for nail polishes, otherwise what kind of psycho state would I be in?!

Anyway the colour is one of my favourites (again..). It is a nude peachy pink, topped with fine detailed sprinkle of pale pale gold and green shimmer. The shimmer is so fine that it creates a sheen rather than sparkle. It looks not mature, nor does it look girly. It looks lady-like. Very romantic and pretty! I HATE shimmery nail polishes (though I don't hate glitters on my ring finger's tip ;) ). All I ever have are cremes and...cremes. I feel like shimmery nail polishes make my nail beds look so wide and manly! And who the hell wants that!? But this one, this is so carefully crafted, finely made to the details to impress, that the shimmer does not indeed do any bad, but to emphasize the gorgeous nude peachy-pink undertone with a slightly odd and surprisingly perfected final touch. (Man I can write! I mean, it's just a nail polish lmao.)

Formula is sheer, 2 coats is a necessity not an option. But like all sheer nail polishes, it is relatively fool-proof. Having used to put up with cremes, now this feels too easy to do. Dries in NO TIME. But not very shiny, has a satin finish that glows rather than shines. So a top coat is necessary. Keep in mind that one coat of this will make your nails look healthy. 2 coats shows the colour. Lasts and lasts and lasts on your nails. Some say it looks like Nars Orgasm blush. I don't think so. The concept is similar obviously, but Nars Orgasm is a lot darker than this, has heavier golden shimmer (not as pale as this polish) and no green cast.

2 coats, with top coat.







Tips on Matching your Lips with your Tips:
If you would like to match your nail polish with your lip colour, I would suggest MAC Plink! lipstick. Sadly it has been discontinued. So now I recommend MAC Politely Pink lipstick topped with MAC Oyster Girl for the day, MAC Shy Girl topped with Nars Orgasm for the night (as this polish appears more pale pink in day light and more peachy orange at night time).

Thanks for reading guys, have a lovely weekend! It's rainy + snowing here!

xx

2 comments:

  1. Great review! Chiaroscurro (along with MAC's discontinued Toast of the Town) is my favorite shade of nail polish ever, despite my occasional infatuation with others. Just found your blog and am enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous Hey! Thank you so much! Yes it truly is a lovely polishes isn't it? =)

    ReplyDelete