Search This Blog

YouTube

Facebook

Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

OPI You Don't Know Jacques!

I obviously shouldn't like these shades. All nailpolishes I have are all really girly ones. I don't have a single black nail polish, no greys, just pinks, purples, reds, and possibly maroons. (Well ok, this has something to do with boys not liking my dark nails, but I mean...in reality I don't like dark nails either...Especially on nails that has not been properly groomed, polish has not been properly put on, and/or chipping nail polishes, dark polish may make you look like a witch! Or have horrible hands!) Sometimes I have a few bright blues or teals, but that's about it. But this, this is one of those polishes I keep even though it appears to me that I may not really like it. But again and again I purchase it, sometimes I sell it, but soon I would go out and buy another bottle. After a long time, I came to the conclusion that you know what? I really truly like this colour!

Honestly, OPI's Le Collection de France has thus far (still!) been my favourite. Nothing has beaten it yet.

2 coats, with top coat.






With flash.

With flash.

(Recently I have opt for a more square shape to my nails, I think it doesn't suit me when I wear darker shades. Maybe oval is still my shape.)

The most complex shade! Though probably not that important to be worn on nails, but still interesting to look at. It is a balanced dark shade of gray, brown, purple, and smoky lilac. Though most of the times it appears of a dark taupe colour. It is very chic, and goes with everything in your wardrobe. Very classy, very gorgeous colour!

Formula is surprising! It is slightly sheer! Weird no? I thought it would apply opaque in the first coat like my other fave Parlez-Vous OPI?. But it is slightly sheer in the first coat, and applies slightly streaky. Fortunately second coat solves the problem and appear colour true to the bottle. Stays on for a long time. But a top coat is necessary because for this type of colour, you want it to be extra shiny. If it looks too dull, it may appear like you have bear hands. That's not good at all!

All in all I still love it. It is a incredible versatile shade! And totally randomly, this is my pedi atm.
Look my pedi! it cheers me up! It's Sephora by OPI's Ocean loves Potion.
Tips on Matching your Lips to your Tips:
Who would like to match either these polishes to their lips?! But if you would like eyeshadow recs, MAC's Smut fits the bill for You Don't Know Jacques!. 

Thanks for reading guys! Hope you're having a nice weather!

xx

8 comments:

  1. WHERE DID YOU GET YDKJ!! I've been looking for it everywhere!!! and Tickle me France-y too! Help me find them please =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @samanthaloves hehe I got mine a long time ago though, at some random Salon. I believe last last year? When YDKJ was not on top of everyone's menu. They don't sell it in Metro?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, I've been wanting to get this! I love OPI's Done Out in Deco but I haven't really got anything like this colour. It looks really unique, you convinced me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tata Aww did I? I love Done Out in Deco too! Much better than Do You Lilac it! Ahaha yes I think you should get it! It's very chic on my tips =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love LOVE that nail color! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @PopBlush Ah, I know, you can't help but to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your feet are wonderful ! Have you ever considered becoming a foot model ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anonymous aww thank you so much! No I haven't because I never thought my feet looked pretty =( Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete