Search This Blog

YouTube

Facebook

Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 18, 2011

Foundation Update

Okay so I went out and got myself 2 new foundations. The Makeup Forever Face and Body, and of course, the much hyped Laura Mercier Silk Creme.

Here is just a short little update kind of review, I'll do extensive reviews later when I have more time with them.

Laura Mercier Silk Creme

Um..How should I say this...I liked the packaging, and the amount they give you (35ml and a hefty price tag, but not that bad in my opinion, it's Laura Mercier, what do you expect? A 1.5g pot pf concealer here costs like 30 bucks.) I like the foundation, but it is a bit heavy for me. I wear it by mixing it with a little bit of my toner so to thin it out, because I know Laura Mercier has really pigmented stuff. But it still goes on a little heavy. I like the finish, kind of invisible, but if someone comes close, they can definitely tell you are wearing makeup. My shade is Cream Ivory. Perfect match NC20. If you are NC15 this can be a bit dark for you. And unfortunately this is the palest shade with a yellow undertone. The same shade with a pink undertone is called Rose Ivory.

And while everyone says this is for dry skin, I think not. I think it's for normal skin. You will see patches on your face if you have dry areas, but relatively, it's not that bad. Overall, I like it, but like I said, since I regard invisibility as priority, I would say it's not my favourite.

MUFE Face & Body

I like this, I really do. It is kind of like Nars Sheer Glow to me, except it is slightly...plastic. The texture on the face, while applying it, and also after it dries, feels kind of plastic. It's not a bad thing, because it gives a glow without being sticky and overly rich. I hate the smell though, it has a slight floral fragrance, kind of reminds me of a lighter version of Pond's Cold Cream scent. I HATE the scent of Pond's Cold cream, so this is a personal preference. It's wonderful for Summer, because once it sets, it won't budge. No wet feeling on face, when you touch your face it will be dry. It will stay where it should be staying, and no pooling in pores, none of that crap. And yes, it covers pores extremely well, and it is invisible on skin. It doesn't cover everything, but like what I said with Nars Sheer Glow, it somehow makes face look flawless anyway. It will accentuate dry parts, but looks very natural. The description of it is true, this is like a second layer of skin, only better, glowier and a little plastic looking. A lovely finish. I would say this has now become one of my favourites. I find it similar to Nars Sheer Glow, only glowier. And perhaps a longer wear. (I need to more test on that.)

Here is a picture of me wearing MUFE F&B. My shade is 20, about NC 20. But if you are NC 15 or NW 15 - NW20, you could get away with it. I find it not too yellow, it's pretty neutral, with equal amount of pink and yellow (again, like Nars sheer glow Deaville.) And it covers redness really well!

There is not photo touch-up. This is me, wearing moisturizer and MUFE F&B. One layer. Applied with finger. I apologize for the unnecessary shades, I didn't even know they were on my face when I was taking the photo...

Thanks for reading guys! Have a wonderful week!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment