Search This Blog

YouTube

Facebook

Instagram

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Bronzer Obsession Series: Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder Review, Comparison and Swatches



Hello lovelies, how are y'all doing? Recently I am very much into the brand, as I repeated myself over and over again. Everything from Guerlain is so luxurious, so beautiful, and works so so so well on me. Today, I just want to talk about some Guerlain bronzers for you!

I am always very obsessed with bronzers. I only have some staple ones to contour, such as Nars Laguna and Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil. Laguna for winter, and Milk Chocolate for summer. They are the bronzers I am currently hitting pan on. These do have a more brown and yellow undertone.

The rest of the bronzers I have are either orange or red. Those I use as a blush + bronzer hybrid. For convenience in the morning, and also just for the great pick-me-up effect they give my face.

Now these Guerlain Terracotta Light Bronzing Powders are the ones I will use to add colour to my face. Especially in winter. It makes you look healthy and glowy without having a vacation!


    

These are housed in beautiful thick plastic packagings. I love it, as these are not heavy-set like the Dior ones. The Dior bronzers are housed in metal containers that are cumbersome to carry around, or even use in the mornings. These Guerlain bronzers have a very hard texture. By that I mean, when you swirl your brushes in them, no powder fly into the air and create a mess. You barely lose any products in the application process. They have a very strong scent. It doesn't smell "in your face", but you can smell is even outside their box packagings. This signature scent smell floral, slightly "grandma"ish, definitely not as refreshing and pretty as the their Meteorites. The bronzers are a combinations of different shades of peach, pink and bronze in each of their colour choices. I have swatches all four that they currently carry as permanent shades below.


02 Blondes and 04 Sun Blondes are aimed for cooler skin-tones, while 03 Brunettes and 05 Sun Brunettes are aimed for warmer toned beauties. 04 Sun Blondes is raspberry bronze, and 05 is orange bronze. They are shimmery and slightly sparkly in the pan, but quite natural on the face, just glowy. They both appear quite red on the face, more like a bronzy blusher. They are much darker than 02 and 03, which are subtle. While 02 and 03 are nice natural bronzers, they do also have slight shimmer, but very slightly, and barely noticeable on the face. 

Below I have a comparison of 02, 03 and 04 with DiorSkin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder in 002 Sunlight. The Dior one is actually quite different than the others when swatched. It has a much peachier quality, and looks like a peachy blush, while the others look like bronzers. Out of the three, I think 03 Brunette is the most similar. 



Hope this was helpful! How are you preparing for the holiday shoppings? My birthday is coming up!! So happy!!! Thank you for reading!!

xx





No comments:

Post a Comment